Looking for something thirst quenching for your non-alcohol drinking guests? Check out this delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade recipe. Seriously, why do fresh strawberries and rhubarb go so well together? Oh AND We guarantee that the kids will love it too!
(Makes enough to fill a large carafe)
-3 1/2 cups water
-1 pound rhubarb, cut into roughly 1-inch dices
-1/3 cup honey or agave
-zest of 2 lemons
-3 cups of strawberries, halved
-1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. In a large pot, bring the water to a boil along with the rhubarb, honey or agave and lemon zest.
2. Reduce the heat down and let everything simmer, covered for about 15 minutes.
3. Add the strawberries and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove from the stove and let cool completely.
5. Place the mixture in a blender with the lemon juice and puree until completely smooth.
6. Refrigerate until cold.