Whether you are planning your destination wedding or honeymoon or just fantasizing about a nice tropical vacation, whipping up this mouth-watering and refreshing cocktail from My Diary of Us will brighten up the end of your week!
- 1 Cup of Diced Seedless Watermelon
- 1/2 Cup of Watermelon Ice Cubes (Just freeze that extra watermelon juice at the bottom of your storage container in an ice tray, this helps keep your drink from getting watery as it melts!)
- 1/2 Cup Regular Ice
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 Tbs. Agave Nectar
- 1/2 Cup Silver Tequila
- Pinch of Salt, plus extra for rimming your glass
- The night before or the morning before you want to make the cocktail freeze your extra watermelon juice in an ice tray. This step is actually optional, but it does help keep your drink from becoming too watery as it melts.
- In a blender combine your ice, watermelon ice cubes, diced watermelon, lime juice, agave, tequila, and salt and blend until smooth.
- Take a lime wedge and rub around your cocktail glass then dip into salt (I usually sprinkle kosher salt or sea salt onto a plate and then turn my glass upside down on the plate.)
- Pour your frosty margarita into the glass and sip to your heart's content!