Just in time for the weekend we checked in with Leigh Ann from My Diary of Us for another mouth-watering cocktail fit for a destination wedding or your next tropical travels!
The Caipirinha Crush is made with a Brazilian rum called Cachaca which is made from sugar cane, you sweeten it with sugar or agave in this case, and lots of fresh lime juice. If you love margaritas, I am going to go ahead and say that you will love this drink and it just might...just might...give your margarita a run for it's money.
- 1/2 Cup Cachaca Rum
- Juice from 2 Limes
- 2 Tbsp. Agave Nectar or Sugar
- Crushed Ice (optional)
- Extra Lime Wedges for garnish
- Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with a couple of ice cubes until chilled thoroughly.
- Crush your ice, and put two lime wedges in the bottom of your glass.
- Fill the glasses the rest of the way with crushed ice up to the rim and pour the rum mixture in each glasses.
- Top off with a squeeze of lime.
For more of Leigh Ann's Thirsty Thursday cocktail features and other incredible recipes, hop over to her blog!