It may just be me, but anything blood orange always makes me thirsty. This Sangria recipe is beyond delicious and thirst-quenching. We suggest you make gallons of it for your Destination wedding (THE perfect beach drink). Yum!
6 blood oranges
2 (750ML) bottles of pinot grigio
1 cup club soda
1/2 cup brandy
12 ounces of strawberries, sliced
1 pint of raspberries
1 apple, chopped
1/2 cup sugar, for glass rimming
1. Zest one of the blood oranges and combine it with the sugar in a small bowl. Rub the sugar and zest together with your fingers until fragrant.
2. Juice four of the blood oranges, discarding any seeds or pith.
3. Chop the remaining blood oranges into pieces.
4. In a large pitcher, combine the wine, brandy, blood orange juice, club soda, apples, strawberries, raspberries and blood oranges. Stir well to combine.
5. Place the orange/sugar on a plate, then run a lemon, lime or orange slice around the rim of each glass.
6. Dunk each glass in the sugar, coating well. Fill each glass with a few ice cubes, then add some of the fruit from the sangria.
7. Pour the sangria into each glass and serve!
Please Note: This definitely gets better as it sits, so you can make it ahead of time and store it in the fridge.