Kasey and Pat chose the beachfront boutique bed & breakfast Sueño del Mar for their Costa Rica destination wedding! The couple able to bring their vision for the perfect beachside wedding to life with a tropical feel using local flowers, serving fresh coconuts, and creating the perfect lounge space for their guests to enjoy the sunset. For dinner the couple surprised guests with a tropical taco bar complete with several choices of salsas and toppings prepared in house at Sueno del Mar. Along with the open bar serving tropical cocktails, the couple and their guests were able to experience some authentic Costa Rican cuisine. The couple danced the night away to a live band on the veranda to end the perfect wedding evening. The couple chose local photographer Jonathan of Costa Vida Photography to capture these incredible shots of their day.
There's no better way to escape the heat than with a boozy sno cone, and this one from My Diary of Us will definitely transport you to your happy place!
- 1 Cup of Raspberries (I used fresh, but frozen would work too, just defrost first)
- Juice of 3 Fresh Limes (about 1/4 Cup)
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 4 Cups of Ice
- 3 Oz. Vodka
- In your food processor, add your 4 cups of ice and turn on until ice is completely shaved.
- Once ice is shaved, put back in the freezer until cocktails are ready.
- Blend raspberries, lime juice, and sugar until smooth in a blender or food processor.
- Strain the raspberry syrup to remove seeds.
- Add vodka to the raspberry mixture and stir.
- Fill cocktail glasses with shaved ice.
- Pour raspberry syrup over the ice.
- Garnish with fresh limes and raspberries.
Just because you're getting married barefoot on the beach doesn't mean you can't rock some statement heels with your dress at the reception or for your bridal portraits! These statement heels are an easy way to add a little sparkle to your bridal look. Just remember to bring some flats for the late night dance party!
While we typically focus on tropical locations, we couldn't help but share this adorable engagement session that took place in Montreal by photographer Bonnallie Brodeur of couple Annie and Julien. An engagement session with your wedding photographer is a wonderful way to practice being in front of the camera as a couple before your wedding.
Photography: Bonnallie Brodeur Photographe