New destination wedding trend alert: the bridal anklet! If getting married barefoot on the beach sounds ideal to you, consider a simple floral wreath for your ankle or even a tasteful beaded cuff to tie your bridal look together.
Usually here on Destinos Blog we focus on tropical destination weddings, proposals, and engagements, but after seeing this Italy engagement session by Wedding Reporter there was no doubt this was the perfect way to celebrate the engagement season of the year!
Silvia from Italy and Jason from Missouri opted for one of the most romantic settings you can imagine for their engagement session! This session took place in Abruzzo in the highland of Campo Imperatore situated in the National Park of Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga. The castle of Rocca Calascio can be seen in some of the images and was a site noted by National Geographic Magazine among the 15 most beautiful in the world! Can you imagine any place more magical to celebrate your engagement?!
Photographer: Giancarlo Malandra of Wedding Reporter
If you live somewhere cold it's hard to not fantasize about warm sandy beaches and refreshing cool cocktails. Just in time for the high season in the tropics, we want to quench your thirst with this incredible cocktail by none other than My Diary of Us.
- 1/2 Cucumber, Peeled
- 6 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 Oz. Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Agave Nectar
- 3 Oz. Honeysuckle Vodka (Cathead Vodka brand)
- Puree your cucumber with the mint leaves and then strain through a fine mesh strainer to separate the solids from the liquids. Discard the solid bits, you only want the liquid.
- Juice your lemons.
- Combine in a cocktail shaker 2 Oz. of cucumber and mint juice, 2 Oz. of lemon juice, agave nectar, and vodka with some ice and shake until well combined.
- Pour over two glasses filled with ice and garnish with extra cucumber and lemon slices and a sprig of mint.
Thanks again to My Diary of Us for sharing this delightful drink with us, and feel free to hop on over to the blog for more inspiration for custom cocktails and healthy homemade dishes.
Looking for a fun way to decorate your destination wedding? Consider these festive tropical fruit decor ideas featuring pineapples! Pineapples can be used as centerpieces, displayed in flower arrangements, double as escort card holders, and even be hollowed out and used as flower vases!
From Jessica of A Brit & A Blonde:
Sara & Evan both went to Allegheny College – a small school in Pennsylvania. The first time they really spoke was at a party hosted by Sara’s sorority. A few days later they went out on their first date – dinner and a scary movie. 9 years later they said I do in gorgeous sunny Costa Rica. They had both been to Costa Rica on an adventure vacation and fell in love with it. They wanted to share the amazingness with their friends and family. So they invited 60+ of their nearest and dearest to Manuel Antonio. They chose the Parador hotel for their big day – which has a great mix of modern and luxury with traditional Costa Rica. And had their ceremony on the beach overlooking the ocean. Super rad. Aimee the lead designer at Tropical Occasions wanted to ensure that she reflect Sara & Evan’s vision and personality into the décor and vibe of the day. The mood they were after was Grecian Fairies Bohemian Garden Party. And it came together most beautifully. Those custom napkins that said “Best Day Ever” – they totally got it right. It really was! It was unbelievably perfect for Sara and Evan who really complement each other so well. The evening reception was really magical and with all those lights it truly sparkled.
A fun way to personalize your wedding is to feature a custom drink at your cocktail hour. If your destination wedding takes your guests somewhere warm, why not surprise them with a custom cocktail in the form of a popsicle to quench their thirst in the tropics! Here is one of our favorites from My Diary of Us!
- 1 Bottle Rosé Wine
- 1/4 Cup Brandy
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 Cup Agave Nectar (or you could use sugar)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Raspberries
- Lime Slices
- Mix your wine, brandy, lime juice, and agave nectar in a pitcher or large measuring bowl that has a pour spout on it.
- Inside of your popsicle molds, drop a few raspberries inside along with a thin lime slice.
- Pour sangria mixture to fill each mold.
- Freeze for 30 minutes - 1 hour until you can stick your popsicle sticks in the middle of each mold and they will stay.
- After sticks are in place, freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight. (they will take a little longer to freeze due to the alcohol)
- To release from the molds, run under warm water for a few seconds and the popsicle should come right out.
For more signature cocktail ideas, check out My Diary of Us and her Thirsty Thursday features!
Just in time for the holidays we are excited to share this adorable proposal from Playa del Carmen, Mexico! From the photographer, Melissa Mercado:
What Christina thought was a birthday trip to Mexico to celebrate with her boyfriend, Wade, in paradise turned out to be one of the best days of her life. . .
The adorable couple from Austin, Texas sat down at a romantic dinner at Pavo Real, overlooking the gorgeous Caribbean Sea with a color-filled sunset. A waiter brought out a covered platter to serve the first course.
Instead, Christina opened it to find a bouquet of lilies. . . and a ring.
Her reaction said it all - she said yes!