Just because you're getting married barefoot on the beach doesn't mean you can't rock some statement heels with your dress at the reception or for your bridal portraits! These statement heels are an easy way to add a little sparkle to your bridal look. Just remember to bring some flats for the late night dance party!
While we typically focus on tropical locations, we couldn't help but share this adorable engagement session that took place in Montreal by photographer Bonnallie Brodeur of couple Annie and Julien. An engagement session with your wedding photographer is a wonderful way to practice being in front of the camera as a couple before your wedding.
Photography: Bonnallie Brodeur Photographe
In honor of Cinco de Mayo we checked in with our cocktail specialist, My Diary of Us , to provide us with one of her favorite Mexican treats - the skinny margarita! Bottoms up, friends!
All you need are fresh limes, your favorite tequila, and a natural sweetener like Agave and you are set for relaxation and summertime dreaming!
- 1/4 Cup of Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Oz. of Silver Tequila
- 1 Tbsp. of Agave Nectar
- Salt (optional)
*You can add a little water here too if you like your margarita less tangy or strong!
- Add all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until chilled and well combined.
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim of your glass and then turn upside down onto a plate with kosher salt and coat the rim of the glass with salt.
- Fill your glass with ice, and pour margarita mixture over top. Garnish with lime slices.
- Serve immediately.
Lisa Ann and Jordan decided on a tropical destination wedding in Puerto Rico and took advantage of the scenery the day after their wedding for an underwater honeymoon session with their photographers, Bethany and Dan. From the bride, Lisa Ann about her destination wedding:
"We loved the sense of adventure that our destination wedding lent to the entire experience. We chose a destination we had never visited before, in part because we wanted our wedding to be just as much of a "new adventure" for us as our marriage would be."
Lisa Ann and Jordan decided on a non-resort wedding in Puerto Rico and recommends this option to other destination wedding couples willing to be more hands-on in the planning process in order to be married in a remote location. The couple plans to cruise the Caribbean this Fall and includes Turkey and Thailand on the top of their travel wish list!
Photography: Bethany and Dan Photography
Happy Thirsty Thursday! Nothing will get you in the mood for the weekend like this Pineapple Sorbet Wine Cooler brought to you by My Diary of Us! Because let's face it, if you can't be in tropical paradise right now you might as well have a sip of something that makes you feel like you are! One of these on the back patio in the sunshine will definitely transport you to a vacation state of mind!
- 1 Bottle Chilled Crisp White Wine (Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc)
- 3 Cup of Pineapple (Frozen or fresh that you freeze the day before)
- 3 Tbsp. of Honey
- 3/4 Cup of Light Coconut Milk
- In a food processor or a high powered blender combine your frozen pineapple, honey, and coconut milk and process on high until the mixture is creamy and smooth. At this point you can eat the sorbet immediately, but for the cocktail you will want to freeze it for at least 4 hours in advance.
- Scoop out 1-2 scoops of the pineapple sorbet into a glass and pour white wine over top.
- Serve immediately.
Hop over to My Diary of Us for more cocktail inspirations for your Thirsty Thursday!